  From: natalie mizenko
  To: Transverse Myellitis
  Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 5:02 PM
  Subject: [TMIC] Surgery on Monday

        Hello to all:
        I went yesterday to the hospital to get a picc line put in me again as
I have no veins left in my arms and hands at all.  I wish they would use my
legs, but they seem to not want to.  A trained nurse who resently started last
week doing these, took her over an hour to get it threaded thru.  My arm was
exhausted from hanging over the gurny (sp?).  Next time, I will not allow a
nurse to do it.  Drs. are much faster and easier on the body.
        I will undergo a major surgery on Monday to solve my severe
incontinence.  My urologist will take part of my bowel and move it over and
attached my urethers in this pocket he has created and I will cath from the
hole; when not cathing will seal a bandaid over it.  It is not the easier
surgery where you wear a bag - an ostomy I think it's called is the easier one.
 I don't look forward to like my 10th surgery or more for one reason or
another, but a much better life for me should be in the future after a 4 to 6
month recovery.  So, I will miss you all & say a prayer for me that all will go
smoothly.  If anyone else has had this done, please email and let me know if
it's ok?  Take care to all, Natalie M.

  Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.