I wrote to Oprah about Cody Unser being on her show.

I guess the benefit of exposing people to TM is 1) perhaps it would result in
more funding being made available for research   2) more doctors will be
familiar with TM and recognize symptoms more quickly and 3) others might be
aware not to take for granted their health and be more understanding of those
with disorders.

One example of this 3rd point is
when I came back to work after being off with my initial TM experience.  I
found out that a co-worker, a big Indy 500 fan, knew about Cody Unser and thus
was a little aware of TM when others at work had not a clue.  So, it is nice
when others are introduced to TM, not to give  sympathy but to better
understand that we may not always be able to be at our "best" but rather are
just trying to make it through the day.

Gary in Michigan