Natalie,
Most of my relatives have disapeared also. One aunt recently said she thought it was
'funny' that I had trouble getting diagnosed, and she used to be a nurse!
I told her it's not that funny.
Take care,
Kevin

natalie mizenko wrote:
Kevin,
I agree so much w/ you on "friends" who disappear from you when you get sick, even my familly members did me back in the late 80's. Drs. had problems diagnosing my condition back then, so my family (alot of them) treated me like it was all in my head. I have a brother who works 1 mile from me and has for 10 years and has never come over during lunch to say "Hi" or check on me. And I have a sister who is so caught up in chruch work and her own family only that she won't even visit me at the hospital. I finally wrote her off...I figure I don't need the extra stress. It's easier not to be upset all the time for hurt feelings than to be upset all the time. I had a sister that died 5 years ago and she said the same thing. Take care. Natalie M.

    */Kevin Wolfthal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

        Gary,

        I agree strongly with all 3 points. In particular, a lack of
        sensitivity in many of those who are
        healthy. As we know, all health is temporary except for a rare
        few
        perhaps. Unfortunately,
        those who aren't sensitive to those of us with health
        problems, probably
        won't change
        their attitudes no matter what. I have found this out the hard
        way as
        former "friends"
        disappeared when I got sick.

        Kevin

        [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
        > I wrote to Oprah about Cody Unser being on her show.
        >
        > I guess the benefit of exposing people to TM is 1) perhaps
        it would
        > result in more funding being made available for research 2)
        more
        > doctors will be familiar with TM and recognize symptoms more
        quickly
        > and 3) others might be aware not to take for granted their
        health and
        > be more understanding of those with disorders.
        >
        > One example of this 3rd point is
        > when I came back to work after being off with my initial TM
        > experience. I found out that a co-worker, a big Indy 500
        fan, knew
        > about Cody Unser and thus was a little aware of TM when
        others at work
        > had not a clue. So, it is nice when others are introduced to
        TM,

Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48517/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7>