Hi again Sal,

Your balance should improve over time.  Sometimes however, we have to
compensate in other ways.  For me to have spatial sense  whenever walking, I
usually have to look at my feet.   For the first year or so, if I lifted my
fo0t preparatory to making a walking motion, it would simply stay suspended
unless I was looking at it.  It was the most confusing and disorienting
thing.   Even now, I can't always tell where my legs are, often waking up at
night thinking that they are bent under me, or at some odd angle, yet
whenever I look to check them, they're fine.  You had ADEM, right?  There is
some speculation now, though I do not necessarily agree, that Devics is more
closely related to ADEM than previously thought.  Of course, that would not
explain the relapsing patients.    Hope this post helped.

Grace