Debbie,
Very well written.  I agree!
Carol in Culver, IN
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Deborah Nord Capen
  To: tmic-list@eskimo.com ; Jim Lubin
  Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:36 AM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] IMPORTANT REMINDER

  Jim has posted a very important message to us all.  I have been subscribed to
the tmic list for almost 11 years, and I can attest to the fact that if you
post to the list, your information will be there for the world to share.  I
have used most search engines and typed in my own name, and now there are
hundreds of "hits" with information I have posted on the internet.  Your
privacy is compromised every time you "surf" the internet, so if you are
concerned about that, you should not be online at all.

  This can be a bad thing for those who value their privacy; however, we have
all subscribed to the list because we needed information for learning to cope
with our daily struggles with transverse myelitis after it has decided to
permanently reside with us.  If others, such as Jim Lubin, had not posted their
requests for information about their same issues, I would never have found this
list, and I would never have found out about the TMA.  If we were all concerned
about our privacy and did not reach out in search of help, there would still be
no information available on the internet.

  If your privacy concerns you, please do not post on the list.  If you want
help, please DO post on the list.

  My mailbox has not been overwhelmed with "junk mail" because of the tmic
list.  I have "tracers" that can detect where the junk is coming from.  None of
the information posted on the list is used to send you more junk.  I also have
never received any viruses due to the list.  Now, there are certain "people" on
the list who have had their computers infected, and if they have added my name
to their address book, I have received infected emails from them, but they did
not come directly from the list.  I also have very good anti-virus protection,
so all of the infected mail has been caught before causing any harm.

  There are heavy filters placed on the server that processes the tmic list
messages.  If any infected emails are sent to the server, they are "cleaned
out" before being forwarded to those who subscribe, so you should not be
concerned about infections either.

  Sorry to post such a long message, but I feel that Jim's email warrants more
than one small post.

  Please keep posting your messages.  You are helping more than one person out
there who has questions and concerns.
  Take care,
  Debbie