Neurontin can work for neuropathic pain - it worked for me. However, 180mg is a
very low dose. I took various doses of Neurontin for 4 years finishing with
2400mg daily (600 every 6 hrs) before I switched to Lyrica 4 months ago. I like
Lyrica  better.  I'm on a low dose of 75mg every 12 hours and the best benefit
is that it starts working within 15 minutes.  Neither pill eliminated all of
the pain, but I received bout a 75% in pain reduction from either one.
I tried a new neuro once who scoffed at my original neuro's pain management
regimine and wanted me to reduce or stop my neurontin and baclofen.  I left
confused and decided to stick with the first neuro.  At least he understood
that I was really experiencing pain.
Patti - Michigan