Hi Candis ; AS far as I know it doesn't affect your life span: that is a given. so it is said so it is written so it shall be. I am not making light of your situation. I Know how you feel; My wife is sympatic; She cares for me deeply. She is my support line. But nobody and I mean nobody knows the trouble I've seen" sounds like a song I heard before. no one knows except those of us who have TM When I told her tonight I was going to the Hospital for the antibiotic coctail and bone marrow transplant.She literally freek out. She asked me if I was scared. Of course I am scared who would'nt be but I have Jesus at my side constantly. He is my my true friend. side by side. I take every day the way it is dealt to me. I question yes but give in to the higher power' I don't know nor have I ever experience menopause but I always experience hot flashes: It is weird. One of the great side effects of TM is that I can not tolerate clothing on my feet or legs; it is too painful;I have to put a aloe vera gel on my feet and legs before I put on my socks when going to bed. I know how discouraging your life must be ; I know because I experience it every day. My hands either lock in to place or give out ; especially when I am holding a cup of coffee. It is discouraging when you have no control. It is not only frustrating it is maddinging. But i don't give up. I can't afford too. It is my life. and I choose what happens in it. I will definetly keep you in my prayers. but I know you will persevere because you are a women The woman. all my love and heartfelt gratitute for having entered your life Gerry

From: CANDIS                    KALLEY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: tmic-list <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] my story
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:52:38 -0500 (EST)

Gerry,

I know some of "newbies" are glad to hear from someone who is a long time survivor. It's been 25 months, 20 days and 12 hours (but who's counting!) since my first onset of TM. One of first questions was how will TM affect my life span.

I have the same problem with my legs/feet - they feel as if they are in an ice bucket but when I take my soxes off, they are wet from sweating. The internal therometer just can't get it straght! Everyday feels like the first days of memopause - I thought I was over that several years ago.

Back to the feet/legs feeling cold. I found a heated mattress pad that is zoned - warmer at the foot then gradually reduced to around the shoulder area. I use a twin bed, but they have dual controls for double and up beds.

The mattress is really wonderful. However, the other night I didn't turn it on but my feet must have a memory, because it felt like the mattress pad was warm. I had to look at the control and make sure it was off plus I threw the covers down to feel the mattress pad with my R hand - no heat!

Has you ever tried Cymbalta for depression and neuro pain? It does help. I've also found that a TENS helps with the pain. Everything, (pains meds, TENS, and even a glass of wine) helps but never erases the pain - it's always there! Sometimes I swear I'm giving birth again because the pain is so bad. I have it in my lower back really bad. I can tell if it's raining within 50 miles - those are the really bad days - nothing helps to reduce it past the 7 mark on the scale of 1 to 10.

I also talk to GOD, or my higher being, to please help take the pain away. I also sometimes tell him, "OK, you've got my attention, now please tell or show, me what to do".

Well, I've put my 2 cents worth in.

Prayers and thoughts for you and yours,

Candy K.