> And having TM does not reduce your life span.

There are articles dealing with MS that show that the side effects can and do
shorten the patients life.

For instance, my TM, in and of itself, will not shorten my life, but the
chronic pain will.  Many people who have chronic pain commit suicide. Don't
worry, I promise not to kill myself till next Friday.

Before TM, I rode a bicycle, cross country skied, sailed competitively, climbed
small mountains, etc, TM stopped all those exercises, so I gained weight and
got "The Metabolic Syndrome": Hypertension, Borderline diabetes, obesity and
hyperlipidemia.  They all reduce my life span, plus the lipitor pill caused
Gout.

My sensitivity to cold sends me south for periods of time each winter.  There
are many more diseases to the south:  Mexico, Costa Rica.

I get cranky a lot, complain to my girl-friend, and she threatens to plug me
with her 12 gauge, if I don't shut my trap

I'm just a time-bomb waiting to happen ! !

So, Think about how TM will indirectly shorten your life