Has anyone onset been from a virus?  Another thing I experience that my
neurologist thinks is something other than TM is if I am out in and it is
windy or  cold and tense up almost as if to shiver,  my legs stiffen up and
I have a hard time walking.  Has anyone experienced that?

There, I did it, I am now identified!

> Rita  (Snowing BIG TIME in Cleveland)

Rita:  welcome, welcome, Come right in and sit down at the (virtual) kitchen
table!  We are a very special buncha folks. You are in great company.
I was paralyzed from about my bellybutton down.  The area that was hit first
was the backs of my thighs/buttocks.  But the burning is on my left lower
leg, about sock-top high, on the outside.  I could not walk and though it
seems insignificant when listening to some of the others, I was only in
rehab about 3 weeks, released with an indwelling catheter, wheelchair,
walker, etc...  After a year or so becoming wise via this group, I made an
appointment to see Dr. Kerr at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore.  On that initial
appointment, he came to the conclusion that my "TM" was actually
demyelination caused by B-12 deficiency.  So, no viruses, and that was why
they never found any lesions or other markers in my spinal fluid.  I have
about 5 years.  Someone said "my body just doesn't feel right"  That about
sums it up. Some lose hot/cold sensation, some cannot feel  sharp, while
they can feel a light touch. Some are unable to sweat in the affected areas.
Those who have TM from a virus have a balancing act to maintain: don't boost
the immune system so much that you activate it to attack nerves again!--but
keep it intact and active so it protects you.

Cora in Oklahoma