Larry in Oklahoma who is waiting for spring to spring!

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:57:28 -0500From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Re: [TMIC] Another unidentified becomes identified!Has anyone onset
been from a virus?  Another thing I experience that my neurologist thinks is
something other than TM is if I am out in and it is windy or  cold and tense up
almost as if to shiver,  my legs stiffen up and I have a hard time walking.
Has anyone experienced that?There, I did it, I am now identified!

Rita  (Snowing BIG TIME in Cleveland)Rita:  welcome, welcome, Come right in and
sit down at the (virtual) kitchen table!  We are a very special buncha folks.
You are in great company.I was paralyzed from about my bellybutton down.  The
area that was hit first was the backs of my thighs/buttocks.  But the burning
is on my left lower leg, about sock-top high, on the outside.  I could not walk
and though it seems insignificant when listening to some of the others, I was
only in rehab about 3 weeks, released with an indwelling catheter, wheelchair,
walker, etc...  After a year or so becoming wise via this group, I made an
appointment to see Dr. Kerr at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore.  On that initial
appointment, he came to the conclusion that my "TM" was actually demyelination
caused by B-12 deficiency.  So, no viruses, and that was why they never found
any lesions or other markers in my spinal fluid.  I have about 5 years.
Someone said "my body just doesn't feel right"  That about sums it up. Some
lose hot/cold sensation, some cannot feel  sharp, while they can feel a light
touch. Some are unable to sweat in the affected areas. Those who have TM from a
virus have a balancing act to maintain: don't boost the immune system so much
that you activate it to attack nerves again!--but keep it intact and active so
it protects you.Cora in Oklahoma