Rob..........I believe that my TM affliction was related to stress as well.
This is why: I had an extremely stressful job as the lead financial analyst for
the country of Kazakstan following the Exxon-Mobil merger. All of the
properties were heritage Mobil and none of their Kazakstan financial staff came
over after the merger which meant I had to start everything from scratch into
the heritage Exxon accounting system. On top of that Kazakstan was generating
tons of cash which generated tons of complex questions from upper management.
Then they gave me a fresh out of school accounting major/football player to
train. (Controllers fraternity brother). He couldn't find his butt with both
hands. He ended up getting fired for misuse of his corporate credit card.
    During this time I decided to go on the Scarsdale diet which I had success
with before. I was also doing a couple of miles on the treadmill or playing
racquetball during lunch at the YMCA.
    I think the combination of all of this caused my body to degrade to a low
and very susceptible level. So I think that when whatever it was that got into
my spinal cord virus, bacteria, or etc found a a very vulernable situation.
Then my immune sytem attacked and destroyed the myelin. I never had any
lesions. All my nuero found from the MRI and spinal tap was an increase in the
protein level in my fluid.
Needless to say my diagnosis was idiopathic. I am paralized at T-3/4 with
absolutely no recovery. Seven years ago this April the 8th. It happened very
fast, less than 24 hours and they diagnosed me very fast and put me on the IV
prednisone treatment. All to no avail. I was in the Methodist acute care
hospital in Houston for a month and in the TIRR therapy hospital for a month.
I'm not sure if the medical folks that treated me did me no good or if they
were successful at limiting my paralysis to T-3/4. At any rate I am thankful
that I can still use my arms.............Cody in Austin (No clouds, no wind
just sunshine and 80 degrees and tons of little peaches on our two trees.)