Have you tried a mattress overlay?

Do a search for "Isotonic topper pad". I tried one and thought it felt great but I sunk into it so much that it was difficult for the nurse to turn me.

I now use a Sierra Gel Mattress Overlay. very comfotable.

The Sierra Gel Mattress Overlay incorporates a series of gel bladders encapsulated between high-density polyurethane sculptured foam and support base. This combination creates a therapeutically advanced yet cost effective support surface. Optimal environment for prevention/treatment of pressure sores. One-Piece construction requires no assembly. Easy to clean, non-shear/low friction surface. Elastic corner straps to secure overlay to mattress. Base foundation is a high-density solid one-piece foam constructed core. Convoluted high-density polyurethane foam topper. Cover material in UnitekĀ™, a soft nylon urethane coated OFX non-vapor permeable material. Bladders contain an aqueous non-toxic gel solution. Size hospital twin. Components conform to CAL TECH 117 and all infection control standards. Medicare Reimbursable Code HCPCS EO185 applies to standard size. Size: 34"W x 76"L x 3"H In my wheelchair I use a Roho High Profile Quadtro Select Cushion. For me it works much better than the gel cushion. I'm in my wheelchair about 15 hours a day.