  From: Krissy Z
  To: TM List ; TMA-New-England
  Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 3:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] Neurologists and MRIs

        thanks for all the neuro advice everyone....I was thinking about saying
something to him but I didn't want to alienate him, but he has alienated me so
I think I will. Just want a doc that sits back in his chair, smiles and says
'so how are you today Krissy?" making me feel like I'm his only patient.
        I did shop around locally for mri's and one place was $300 cheaper but
wanted $400 up front! and then would not bill me for the rest...or do payment
plans! I couldn't do that...so i opted to go to the hosp my neuro uses for
$1000  and had them bill me in installments....I guess his theory is that
anytime i feel a slight change, he says "ok you just bought yourself and
mri"....yes I know he wants to make sure ms isn't setting in, but maybe he
needs to read up more on tm and know that sometimes we do indeed have these
little regressions....and mine are minor and usually go back to where I was
before the regression.

        ~Krissy~
        We are all in this together, by ourselves.
        - Lily Tomlin

        ~I'm In pretty Good Shape
        For the Shape I am in~

        -

                  Now, regarding MRI's expenses.  I think I've already
mentioned this but I'll repeat because it really intrigued me:  At the hospital
two years ago, my roommate was visited by her very loquacious doctor.  Among
other things, he was discussing MRIs and told her point blank that you should
shop for them.  Make calls and negociate until you find one reasonably priced,
he said.  Hospitals and clinics are willing to listen.  It really sounded like
he meant it.

                  Anyone game?  I'd love to hear if it works.