Hello my  friend,

Since June 3, 2002, I have spiked  fevers on almost a daily basis and yet
deep inside my body I  feel like I am made of ice water.  I have not perspired
since the  onset, but when I am over-tired or late in changing my fentanyl
patch, I have bouts of Autonomic-dysreflexia and the only thing that helps
then
is valium.

It sounds as though broken  "thermostats" go hand in hand with Transverse
Myelitis.  My basic  temperature is 97.2*  Even in the hospital with sepsis
(blood  infection) I rarely had a temp of over 98*.  Isn't that crazy?   Most
people would be spiking super high  temperatures.

On to other news...Now it is my  turn to ask you for your Prayers and good
thoughts for Pam as she is in  the hospital unable to move her legs.  She told
me that she woke up  feeling kind of funny, but went ahead and got ready for
her day when all  of a sudden her hips and back began hurting terribly.  She
lay
 down on the bed and before she knew it she couldn't move her legs.
Neighbors took her to the hospital where she was admitted right  away.

This has happened to her before  and brings to mind the question, "Is there
such a thing as  remitting/recurring TM, or does she have MS?"  Pam's
neurologist  says it is TM...there are no lesions on her  brain.

I need to go as I am having a  vancomycin IV treatment and it is about ready
to finish.  I have to  watch the volume of medicine in the tubing to avoid
getting air in my  pic-line.  That would do me in for sure.

Anyone who needs Pam's  phone number or address can email either Ella or me.
I can't  reach my notebook where it is written down or I would give it to you
now.

Peace and  Prayers,
Jude

In a message dated 10/15/2008 7:29:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,