I have not sent message to the list for a long time.  However do read the
digest every day.
I too use the 'WalkAide' and have since May of 2008.  It has really helped me
with the drop-foot.
I am in a clinical trial for it here in Alberta which is wonderful for me as
the cost is very  high but I did not have to pay more than $500.
The only thing is that not every person is able to use it.  The clinic needed
to establish that the peroneal nerve is still intact or still working properly.
 If it isn't then the device won't work for you.
It has been amazing to use it and my leg is much much less tired.
I no longer need cortizone shots in my  hip every 6 months due to the pain from
twisting my leg to the outside and dragging the leg with the 'foot-drop'
I feel so very fortunate to be in this trial and that this has worked for me.

Heather in Calgary