I don't if this questions was directed at me or Barbara or both. I would be,
interested barbara, in knowing your area of attack.

As for me, Dr. H. was more concerned with getting me walking again than giving
me answers to a lot of questions. He is a GOOD man. He stayed at the hosiptal
throughout the night monitoring my progress (and others under his care of
course).  I do believe that I am walking because of him.

Nevertheless, I have either never thought to ask or he hasn't told me.

he said at first "m.s." then said that the test ruled it out and said "multiple
myelopothy." Another doc said that multiple myelopothy and m.s. were the same
thing - just the m.s. had legions and myelopothy didn't (that was my
non-medical comprehension of all the jargon.)

My neurologist finally concluded it was multiple myelopothy with transverse
mylities because the symptoms and test results lead to that conclusion and also
because he predicted that i would start having bladder problems with six to
nine months.  In Feb the next year I did indeed stop peeing and had problems.
He speculated strong that it was TM.

Last fall, I suddenly had vertigo, balance problems, heavy fatigue, tingling in
face and pain in face.  The MRI (2 separate ones from 2 places) showed
increased signature (whatever that means) in two facial nerves coming from the
brain stem.  I was told it was trigeninal neurologia.  Pain meds didn't touch
it but neurotin and tegretal helped. I had wierdness from October 08 until
about mid Feb 09 and then everything was gone. I grew better and like a brand
new person until the first 3 days of June when the facial pain came back with
an alarming strength and after taking the meds for 3 days it finally went
away.  I could not function mentally those 3 days - I stayed on the couch.

NO one has really given me direct answers to anything except that I have
"textbook" m.s. symptoms but no supporting test results except for the TM and
the TN.

As to YOUR QUESTION lol

I do not know where the damaged area was at.  I don't know if it was right on
the spine or on the transverse nerves coming off the spine.  I've read a lot in
the literature on the subject and seem confussed with the definition of TM.
Most conclude that TM HAS to be directly on the cord itself.  Some suggest that
the tranverse nerves coming off the spine can be damaged and TM can be
diagnosed.  I wonder if that is just for the anatomical terminology -
transverse - for the direction and mylitise (myelopothy) for the action that
happened.

The doc says that my present symtoms are coming from my neck and even though
he did acknowledge that a damaged disk could cause it, my examing primary care
doc said 'no', he said that the fact that I am having this shocks without
touching an item and then simply touching an item sounded troublesome.

So far, the only symptom that I am having is that my right hand hurts deeply -
it is not like extremly painful but there is a deep brusing feeling. There is
also one around c6 and in my right shoulder blade - just one spot.  I'm not in
extreem pain at all.  It only hurts when i bend my neck down and I get
this "funny bone" feeling in my elbows and my right arm starts feeling like
I've been working on - also my right shoulder and right flank beneath my arm -
ONLY when I put my head to my chest. The main pain is in my right elbow and
muscles in my arm.

The only other thing is that 2 days before the shocks, all my muscles, except
my left chest, back and gut, seemed to be tightening all at once.  Even in my
arms back, stomack and ESPECIALLY the back of my legs and even in my feet.

I woke Thursday and all my muscles were pulled together.  I was in such pain. I
wanted to jump up like I had had a charlie horse and pull those d&*() muscles
back in shape! But i could NOT jump up. I had to roll off the bed.  Then for a
good while I could not get my arms to do what I wanted them to do and I was
like frankenstein's monster - stiff as a plank in my legs and my arms seem to
do the opposite to what I wanted them to do.

Afterwards I was sore as if I'd been in the gym for the past three days.

I'm trying to think that it is because I've been sitting way to much because
all I ever do is work on this dissertation paper - write and research write and
write - and sit sit sit.  I am hoping that sitting too much is the cause
because then I can just get off my fat butt and walk lol.