*It is very possible that she is suffering from recurrent TM, which is rare,
but does happen especially in the context of diseases like NMO, Sjogren's,
SLE.  We don't have quite enough of her history to make any assumptions.  As
for her spasms, they appear to be tonic Not your usual run of the mill
spasms.  I have them and they are totally debilitating, and for me require
huge doses of an anticonvulsant. (Tegretol 1500 mgs per day.)  Before
treatment with Tegretol, I couldn't be left alone.  My heart goes out to her
and I hope that she gets the needed funds, and finds relief.*
**
*Grace*