I am really appreciating all of your replies to Jeron but in turn they
touch most all of our lives and hearts. I don't know where I would be if it
hadn't been for you wonderful people on our sites. You have been such a
large part of my recovery, both mentally and physically.  You have given me
the 'ok' to cry, feel sad, get angry, then come back again and start
fighting all over again to not let this TM thing keep me down.  We sure didn
t ask for it but we got it and now we must deal with it.  We can't 'quit'
and when we start feeling that way, that is the time when we must draw from
each other.

When I was in ICE, 5 years ago today!, the neuro had no idea at all what had
happened to me.  All he knew was that I was paralyzed from the chest down.
Three days later, he said he was pretty sure it was TM but he was honest
enough to say he knew nothing about it other than what he read about it.  He
also told me, and this is why I am telling you this....that I should never,
ever go without taking some sort of antidepressant because having a
condition such as the TM, it comes with a very high risk of suicide. It's
okay to take them!  And if one doesn't work for you, try another! They have
all sorts and there is one out there that will be just right for you.  It's
like having diabetes where something in the metabolism of your body is not
working right.

When I was growing up there was no such thing as 'depression'.  It was all
in our 'mind' (get that..) Valium was the biggie of my Mom's day but there
wasn't anyone to help you understand what was going on with injuries like we
have.  Just having issues with PMS was unaccepted. I am so thankful there is
something to help in today's world!!

Hmmm...I only meant to add a note!  What happened?
:) Jeanne in Dayton, WA

Also, Janet, you and your son are still in my prayers..