I once pulled up to an office complex with four un-occupied handicapped spots
available right at the front entrance. Even though there were several regular
open parking spaces farther beyond the handicapped ones, an unattended
"information-storage" van was parked in one of the handicapped slashed-marked
spaces. Obviously, from the business name plastered all over the van, it was
not being driven by anyone handicapped. Luckily, the business phone and vehicle
number were also on the side of the van, so I started writing them down
intending to call and report it. Just as I was finishing copying the
information, the able-bodied driver came out of the building complex wheeling a
dolly with some boxes on it. He saw me writing and hurried to the back of the
van and started loading the boxes. I said, "You know it's illegal to park in
the hash-marked spots... those spaces are for handicapped people who need
access for their wheelchairs." He totally ignored me, so, as he hurried to fin
 ish loading and drive off, I called the company on my cell phone and reported
the driver illegally parked. The person who answered apologized and said the
driver would definitely be reprimanded. She thanked me said they have no idea
this is happening unless someone tells them.

It's too bad regular drivers can't be reported as easily... I used to have some
little business-sized cards that read,
"Did you mean to park this way... or have you always been a selfish bastard?"
(I think I might make some up on my computer to leave on illegally parked cars)

Betty
(in Northern California)