From: patticoole...@gmail.com
To: a...@artfarm.com; tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [TMIC] REHAB
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:41:16 -0600

Your experience sounds like a time spent in HELL.  It is unfortunate that there
are so many places like that in this country.  People who have family or
friends that can monitor their care are the lucky ones.  Even hospitals lack
proper care at times.  I remember when my husband was in the hospital for colon
surgery and when I was walking down the hall to the restroom, I noticed a
patient in bed completely naked and no curtain was closed.  They were trying to
reach behind them to pull up a sheet.  I complained to my husband’s doctor but
was afraid that if I complained to the nursing staff my husband’s care would
suffer.  I now realize that I should have said something more.
But when you are dealing with cancer surgery you aren’t thinking right.

Patti - Wisconsin