Boris Pavlov wrote:

> hi all
>
> i have two questions, that maybe someone will be able to at least give
> me some clue/advice...
>
> 1) i know it is a bit off-topic, but, are there any signs that simscan
> will support more broad range of virus scanners (f-secure in mind)?

Simscan is open source.  The reason it doesnt support more at the moment
is because noone has offered an account on a system with any alternate
virus scanners to develop on.  I'm sure there are some interested
parties if you were to offer an account...

> 2) is it easy, and will it be worth (with system resources in mind),
> to use both simscan for spam and qmail-scanner for viruses? currently,
> i use the plain old qmail-scanner+spamassasin - and i'm a bit
> off-toaster;)

If you're going to use qmail-scanner for virii, then I wouldn't bother
with simscan for spam.  Just use qmail-scanner.

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold