Hi RS !

I replaced the standard server.xml file by your
server.xml file.

The 404 problem still persists. Additional I'm no longer
able to stop Tomcat4.

Error message :

PARSE error at line 3 column 2 of /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding
the root element must be well-formed.
Catalina.stop: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the
document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding
the root element must be well-formed.
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1213)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XML
DocumentScanner.java:570)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$PrologDispatcher.dispat
ch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:857)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentSc
anner.java:381)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1098)
        at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(XMLReaderAdapter.java:223)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:228)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:822)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:683)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)

No domainDotCom_tomcatApache_log.txt or
domainTwoDotCom_tomcatApache_log.txt
have been created.

Normally both should be created.