Howdy,

>I understand this definition, but am not a 100% satisfied with it.
>Hmm. Maybe here the J2EE specification of Sun is not sufficient.

Perhaps.  If you keep pushing on this, with an organized proposal, then
people will listen eventually ;)  It is an open standard after all.

>Shouldn't there be some way to add templates or graphics or JSPs on the
>fly (which are more layout information = view part of the MVC model)?

One of the ways to view .war files is the same as .exe files.  It's an
atomic unit.  You can't add (or remove) a subcomponent of a .war file
any more than you can add (or remove) a screen from an existing C++ app
compiled into an .exe file.

>I'm a bit puzzled because adding a form (JSP) in my my forms
application
>requires a complete reboot of the application, which takes up to 10
>seconds via a remore deploy using ant. That doesn't sound much, but I
>cannot afford telling my customer, because they add new JSPs frequently
>(5-10 forms a day or so).

This is an interesting scenario.  Do your customers also add beans and
other server-side components, or are they restricted to adding JSPs that
only use existing beans?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.