I would like to pick the brains of the developers a little more
please...

I'm still thinking about uses for the Touch in a car or as a portable
solution where permanent power cannot be guaranteed.

1. How quickly does the Touch start up?

2. Does it need to be shut down before powering off?

3. What will it do after a power cut?

4. Being Linux, will it 'fsck' the external drive?

5. Is it best to leave it on permanently?

I've read several people talk about powering the Touch from batteries.

Standard NiMH cells give 1.2V so four of them would give 4.8V.

6. Is 4.8V enough for a Touch to function normally or do we have to go
to a bit more effort to produce a regulated 5V?

Thanks guys.

At this rate I can see me needing half a dozen of these!

--
technobear

Chris

Transporter >> Beresford Caiman >> Croft Syntegra >> Zu Druid MkIV ('My
Hifi' (http://www.technobear.btinternet.co.uk/hifi/index.htm))