Two of the three computers in our house are Macs. The lone PC is my
fiance's laptop and it is on its last leg. She is lucky to surf the
internet with it before it overheats and shuts itself down. It will
eventually be replaced by a macbook. I don't know what kind of shape the
mac mini is in. I don't even know what kind of processor is in it. It
will need a little cleaning up for sure. I also doubt the cd drive in it
is the best quality. If nothing else, it is 4 or 5 years old. I don't
want to dump a bunch of money into it. As it is, I don't have a
keyboard, mouse, or monitor for it. I am watching craisglist trying to
find something extremely cheap so I don't have to spend much on it. If I
end up buying a monitor, keyboard, and mouse new, I can go ahead and use
it to get a media server set up aka, the vortexbox.

I primarily use my macbook pro for everything. I am reluctant to use it
to rip a couple hundred cds into flac. That would be the other advantage
of getting the vortexbox to do it all--less wear and tear on my laptop.

--
rrweather