usch;485756 Wrote:
> I wonder how many Mac users actually buy a Squeezebox. Several friends
> of mine have Macs, but none of them would buy anything but original
> Apple equipment such as AirTunes on an AirPort Express. So the demand
> for HFS+ support is probably much smaller than the market share of Apple
> vs. Microsoft suggests.
>
> And maybe the main obstacle will not be the file system, but that the
> Touch is not available in white. ;)

Good point about the color! But it really doesn't matter about the file
type. Just because all the music is on a Mac doesn't mean one can't plug
a FAT32 or NTFS USB drive in the back of the Mac and transfer all ones
music to that drive USB drive to use with a Touch.

All my USB drives are FAT32 and I use them with my WinXP, Mac Mini, and
Ubuntu PCs. The biggest issue in my mind is the file type, not the drive
format (other then something so odd it shouldn't even be considered as
supported). My Mac moves MP3s back and forth from my big USB drive, it
sees a file type it recognizes and doesn't care about the drive format.

So other then already having a big USB drive formatted in HFS+ with all
ones music on it, its not that big a deal. Besides, one could buy a
FAT32 USB drive for the Touch and keep the HFS+ as the backup drive.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom