Thanks everyone for all this good info!  In short, you say the Touch
will have a tiny CPU, and I should only expect very minimal sbs
capabilities, which excludes it doing transcoding for other SB3 players.
Wishful thinking on my part.  I’ll need to continue to have a PC on
with SqueezeBoxServer running for my old SB3 players.

I don’t always have my PC running with SBS, so …
Do you know if it'd be quick and easy to control the Touch to switch
between:
> running in standalone mode - with a connected USB drive music
library
then quickly switch
> to have the Touch use SBServer from the PC, when I’ve got the PC on
for the SB3 players?  so I can then have the music from all players in
sync

It’d sure be nice to be able to come home and have music playing
quickly with the Touch in standalone mode (without the PC), then when I
want later … I can easily switch and sync the Touch with SB3 players,
when I’ve got the PC running.

Cheers!
Mike

--