results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73380
Question: Using the Touch's embedded SBS...

- I plan to use it as my main server/library
- I plan to use it occasionally, such as when a friend brings around
  a USB drive
- I have no interest it using it at all really

georgeh;502929 Wrote:
> ^Good to know, thanks.  I may have a network bandwidth issue streaming
> FLAC, particularly for 24/96 music, but there are ways to solve that.

As the others have said, the older players won't be able to play the
24/96 content and the Touch won't be able to transcode/resample for
those players.

Back to the 'two Touch' approach...

I'd avoid it.  It purposely works around perhaps the single most
elegant thing about the Squeezebox system: the ability to maintain a
central server that feeds numerous Squeezeboxes on your network.  With a
central server you don't need to keep a sync'd MP3 mirror of your FLAC
library.  Squeezebox Server does any transcoding on the fly.  With a
central server the other Squeezeboxes will be served the highest quality
possible stream, not MP3.  If you're serving 16/44.1 content then
they'll get the original FLAC.  If it's 24/96 then Squeezebox Server
will downsample it to 24/48 and stream it in FLAC.

You don't need a NAS to do this.  A NAS solves nothing for the
application of a Squeezebox music server.  Set up an inexpensive,
headless PC with a single music library drive and make sure you keep a
backup of the library.  You don't need RAID, and you don't need the
expense of a NAS.

--
JJZolx

Jim