DaveWr;518086 Wrote:
> The implication from these comments is that the Touch (and associated
> architectural changes) are adding significantly to the new Squeeze
> playback devices.  The SB3 revamped with LCD would have been
> significantly less expensive product direction.
That's true, although even Logitech wouldn't have been dumb enough to
slap an LCD on the ageing IP3K platform, so a 'revamping' of the SB3
would not be trivial. But the product direction is clearly away from
slim clients and toward 'fat' clients. That does involve higher costs
for the clients, but also opens the possibility of lower total costs,
eg, for all those users who have been saying "I want to play my music
but I don't want to have to turn on my PC." This is presumably intended
to appeal more to new buyers than to those of us who already have a
music server running.

--
aubuti