toby10;524872 Wrote:
> Most AVR's allow you to use a separate video and audio input
> simultaneously, no need to over complicate this with additional
> unnecessarily cables..
>
> Select your video source, then select an audio only source, enjoy both
> at the same time.   :)

Did just that with my old Yamaha. Bought the new Yamaha because I
needed more HDMI inputs. I can't make this one do that. I currently have
that Controller/player connected to Audio 1 and when I select that, the
monitor goes blank, hence the need for another connection between the
DVR and the AVR. If I could get Audio 1 and HDMI2 working at the same
time, I could save that as one of the AVR's four "scenes." I might be
missing something but I've scoured the manual.

--
jstraw