results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=76494
Question: March Madness Pool: When do you believe the Touch will be
released?

- April 15-30 2010
- May 1-15 2010
- May 16-31 2010
- Summer of 2010
- Fall of 2010
- Right before Christmas 2010

peterw;529264 Wrote:
> Mickey has said that Logitech was surprised by the demand for Squeezebox
> Receivers and Radio batteries. Why would any company walk away from a
> product line with strong consumer demand?

Given the current worldwide inventory levels, it sounds like Logitech
expected to sell something very close to zero of either of those
products.  That they're 'surprised' goes without saying.

I don't think they'll walk away from the product line so much as simply
letting it die out over the course of time, while the development focus
increasingly moves to video streaming with audio on the same devices as
a bonus.  Maybe they'll offer pared down audio only devices within the
new product line, but I doubt it.

Moving into the future it's just going to be very difficult getting a
$300 audio player onto the shelves of your typical retailer when a half
dozen other competitors are offering video plus audio streaming devices
for comparable or less money.  Logitech realizes that.  The SB Booms
and Radios are a healthy consumer product, even if support costs are
probably much higher than Logitech is used to.  Anything like the
Touch, Classic, or Transporter are niche products.  And Logitech isn't
in the niche business.

--
JJZolx

Jim