Gazjam;531649 Wrote:
> How do you find the responsiveness of the Touch using TinySC with an
> external drive?
>
> Currently Im using an old Dell P4 1GB ram with Ipeng..which can
> SOMETIMES be a bit laggy...
>
> Id be happy transplanting my 1TB WD Essentials drive through to the
> listening room and plugging it into the Touch if it speeds up the
> responsiveness.?
>
> *NB I dont use many plugins..and only have the one SB product.
>
> Ta.

>From my point of view and how I use it, once its scanned its fast. Some
things to consider, it is going to depend on how 'You' are using it.
There are no Plugins with TinySC except for the ones that have become a
living part of SBS. Some people are working on hacks and it might end up
third party. The things I have tried have caused the Touch to crash over
time. Memory is the issue which is why their is also no WebUI.

I think it should have been called SlimSC as its a slimmed down version
of SBS. It might have been if Logitech had not bought Slim Devices.

If you want full featured SBS, Touch in standalone mode is not going to
be for you. Don't get me wrong because it opens huge new ways to use
ones digital library. In the Car, at the weekend home, over at a
friend's house, bring into the office without putting anything on the
company PC or using bandwidth to SSH home, and so on. No need to load
SBS on somebody else's PC to show them what Squeezebox is all about for
local music. Touch in standalone mode opens a whole new world of
Squeezebox use!

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom