JohnSwenson;532038 Wrote:
> The digital out IS bit perfect as long as the volume is set to 100, its
> been tested by several people and does correctly pass a DTS file. Just
> don't change the volume and you'll be fine.
>
> John S.

+1 - categorically bit-perfect when vol=100 (DTS and HDCD prove this).
The Touch doesn't need the -63dB setting for the analogue outs that was
useful on the SB3).

There is no additional "analogue" level control on the Touch.

The Touch is a new circuit not a tweak to the SB2/3 circuit.
On ALL SB's the digital level control is always "in-circuit".

The analogue outputs on the SB3 did NOT need to be off for bit-perfect
output - the digital level needs to be at 100 and no replaygain...

As I don't need client-side HDCD decoding or dts playback, I prefer to
use replaygain and proper gain staging through my system. I'm never
going to agonise about the perfection of the 16th or 20-24th bits :-)

I do agree that an option to lock the Volume at 100 should be provided
(although replaygain will still override that!). I've voted.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio