bingcrosby;533104 Wrote:
> Sorry, let me add a fourth.
>
> 4) Can a crossfeed plugin be installed to TinySC?  Would the extra
> processing required comprimise sound quality?  Does the plugin take
> effect when using the digital output?  Obviously, this is no longer a
> "bit perfect signal", but is turning the volume of the Touch to maximum
> enough to ensure no quality loss relative to the original, i.e.,
> "modified bit perfect"?

No. You cannot use plugins with TinySC. The new generation devices have
"applets" which run directly on the player. A crossfeed applet could
certainly be written but I'm pretty sure nobody has done it yet. An
external server can still run plugins for use with the Touch, but many
will have to be re-written. A crossfeed plugin that doesn't interact
with the user in anyway MIGHT be usable as is with a Touch using SBS on
an external server.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson