kidstypike;532002 Wrote:
> Don't wish to rain on your parade, but it seems the Touch needs an AC
> powered hub for a USB powered HDD!
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Setting_Up_Squeezebox_Touch_Server

This just isn't the case. I have used over 5 different USB powered USB
HHD with my Touch without any issues. I believe it is important to
chose the proper drive if one wants to power it off the USB port. USB
certified drives are going to have a higher success rate then
non-certified drives.

The only limit I see is the size of the drive one uses with the Touch
when attempting to use USB powered drives. If one needs a 2TB drive,
then one should just opt for an external powered USB drive.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom