Phil Leigh;534900 Wrote:
> This is NOT a problem that is endemic to the Touch - it relates to your
> server and/or network.
> I've re-encoded several 24/192 (!) albums as -8 and they ALL play
> flawlessly on my setup which is a 2.6gHz Athlon (single core) wired to
> router, wired to Touch.
> So the problem is NOT within the Touch.
> I am NOT running any plugins by the way.

I think *wired* is the solution.

For some reason you can not do network test with a greater rate than
2000kps with Touch or Radio (1000 on controller).
The Touch can do 2000 all day no problem

So my Theory is that the wifi for some reason is not really that fast
on squeezeplay devices .
Or wifi + flac decoding use a lot of cpu.

it plays 24/96 but stutters when i skip a tune then recovers, I can
listen to several songs wo problems, but starting or skipping stutters
a bit.
But it's functional for listening to an album if you don't

And the song I tested just now has a bitrate at 2785kbps it's 24/96
flac

However i'm not entirely surprised it just happens to be a spool of
cat5 wire at my home right now, and assorted tools.

Just ssh to it and run "top" made it go completely of tangent and
rebuffer to no end ? cpu use was 93%

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBR to be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
Miscellaneous use: Radio (battery pack to be ordered)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this