The short answer is that we currently support SV7 (and I think
earlier) versions.

The long answer is that for whatever reason the MPC team wanted to
make their format even harder to adopt by completely changing
everything for SV8. In doing so they also rewrote the decoder (now
mpcdec instead of mppdec) and the new decoder does not have the right
command-line options for us to use it as a drop-in upgrade. I have
talked to them about this but they weren't really interested in adding
the missing features. I think there are probably literally only a
handful of people who care about MPC so it's not really worth our time
to try to patch their decoder. So if you have new material you want to
encode in a lossy format and are considering SV8 I would request that
you think again and use another format.

On Apr 17, 2010, at 9:57 PM, bhobba
<bhobba.49ld6n1271555...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com