metalbob;537625 Wrote:
> It is all ALAC ripped from CDs.  I can't test this until I get home
> tonight, but like I said, the ALAC files worked fine off of a flash
> drive in a random folder and the file structure on the HD worked fine
> with iTunes.  The HD is actually a RAID box that is powered from the
> wall.

Correct, which is why I suspect the HD itself.   ;)

Flash drive worked using same iTunes folders and codec.
HD does not (seem to) work using same (but more quantity) iTunes
folders and codec.
So I'd throw a couple of MP3's into that same iTunes folder, rescan,
see if they show up.

There are known USB incompatibilities with Touch, hopefully yours is
not one of them.
Probably unlikely that this is your actual issue, but if it were me I'd
like to eliminate the HD as a possible problem before digging into
codecs.  :)

--
toby10