I believe it takes about 4 or 5 hours to scan 30000 files (240 Gbyte) on
a 320 Gbyte freecom USB HDD. I could live with that once but it rescans
the lot if you eject the USB. Why can't I manually control the scan
(and the scan folders for that matter)? Why should it need to rescan if
I haven't added any files?

Furthermore my albumart has only worked intermitently and I've had
plenty of problems with it hanging showing "scanning stopped with a
problem" or it says its still scanning but the HDD isn't rotating. I
believe the GUI may be generally unresponsive because it always seems
to be scanning.

So, although the device shows promise it's unusable for me at present.

--
RichardLittlewood