markn;539947 Wrote:
> I love Meridian gear.  But Meridian just dont do cheap.  I dont think
> theyd licence this for something Logitech would consider reasonable

I understand what you're saying, but just consider the options here,
i.e.
1. Meridian themselves use it and license it to DCS and Ayre and get
say $200 per unit from DCS and Ayre (I've no idea how much they really
get, but just as an example).  Maybe they make $200,000 from it.

2. Meridian license it in partnership with Logitech and Logitech sell
it as an add on for the SB and 10,000 enthusiasts buy it resulting in
Meridian getting say $20 each.  That would double the income for
Meridian.
In addition, it would help advertise both Logitech and Meridian to a
bigger audience.

If Logitech could get Meridian to agree to a payment for every sale of
the upgrade to users, there would be no upfront capital costs, only the
development costs to ensure that it works.

--
Mr_Sukebe

SB Touch, Meridian 568.2, Bel Canto Evo2i, Impulse Ta'us, Coherent
system, audio-technica and Zanash cables, Stillpoints