Phil Leigh;540781 Wrote:
> Defective cars can kill and injure people... But they weren't
> deliberately designed to be defective. It was an accident.
>
> A Wi-FI product is DESIGNED to use wi-fi. Most (portable) Wi-FI
> products don't have an alternative connection option. Therefore, not
> providing an obvious option to disable the WI-FI on a WI-FI product
> cannot be considered negligence or an accidental design oversight and
> should not be discussed in the same breath. Is my point.

Hi Phil,

FWIW, I see your point and (as usual) you seem to make good sense.
However, of course the other recent currently-branded Logitech products
in the Squeezebox family line, also have both connection options and
-do- auto-powerdown the wifi connection with wired use.  So,...

Oh well.  :)  Personally I hope Logitech will soon say something on the
matter, and/or better still, put an appropriate wifi-poweroff option in
the Touch user menus.  Especially, since there are some incredibly
talented people in this thread that have already found some promising
hacks, that seem to prove it can be properly done.  I wish Logitech
would pay you guys for doing that (or at least give you free Touch's,
we could call it further beta-test!) ;)

--
NewBuyer