MCG555;542369 Wrote:
> Hi there,
> it seams that USB drive is not USB drive...
>
> Is there a list from slimdevices what drives are recommanded?
>
> I am looking for a 500GB drive something like
> -western Digital my passport essential or
> -platinum mydrive
>
> Of course I would prefer a drive without external power supply (knowing
> that Logitech does prefer a powered hub for these drives). Also the
> drive should be "green" and nice to look at... :-)
>
> Recommandations? Thanks a lot!
>
> Greetings from Zurich
> Markus

I bought a WD 640 GB My Passport Essential, and it works well powered
from the USB port on the Touch.  Mine is black (not green :) ), and it
matches the finish on the Touch quite nicely.

If you use the WD Smartware software, you can change the idle timeout,
which defaults to 10 minutes.
I also used WD Smartware to "hide" the virtual CD ROM drive.  Another
thread seemed to suggest that might be helpful.

--
mfw