plympton wrote:
> After spending 10 years in high-tech manufacturing..... Sending it
> back just puts you in the pool of open-box disappointments - 1% DOA,
> .5% scratched, (whatever), etc..

One of the amazing facts about modern electronic product manufacturing
and customer support is that nearly all returns are for perfectly
working products. Sure, the 1 % DOA and a part of one percent
cosmetically imperfect numbers are there, but that leaves about 98%.

Usually, of that 98 percent, 95% or so are perfect when tested.

I don't understand the human psychology that causes folks to return good
goods.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/