SomersetGuy;543605 Wrote:
> Thanks for your offer of help. I'm still awaiting a call from customer
> support (they have "escalated" my issue), but my main issue is that the
> SBT is failing to recognize the HDD (Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB --
> bought on the recommendation of another user(!)), once the HDD has gone
> into sleep mode after 10 min. Yes, I can disable/extend the sleep mode
> time interval, but I don't want an HDD spinning 24/7. I have a 4-port
> D-link USB mains-powered hub connected between the SBT and the HDD, and
> that all works ok...until, after 10 min of inactivity, the SBT won't
> recognize/connect to the HDD any longer.
>
> Like I say, I'll wait to see what customer support can come up with as
> a solution, although any ideas from other users or your good self would
> be most welcome, too!

I have the exact same hard drive and it works fine even without a
powered usb hub. I initially had the same problem as yours and thought
it was due  to the lack of external power. After using a powered usb
hub I still had the same problem. My solution was to do a factory reset
and a wipe and rescan. So far it has worked great WITHOUT any external
power (powered usb hub) and spins up fine after it goes to sleep.

--
zen2000