gafc;543758 Wrote:
> Hello Toby10,
>
> thanks for the reply. Ok, let's forget the NAS. I'd like to be sure.
> With no router, only the Touch and the Controller and no ethernet
> devices (wired or wireless), can I use the Controller to drive the
> Touch, as the Controller can do with the Duet Receiver ? The Touch
> should work as wireless access point (a sort of internal 'bridge
> mode')
>

> Thanks

The answer is not easily. Bridging has nothing to do with it, its
whether you can run the Touch and Controller in ad hoc wireless mode.
Technically, probably yes, but there is no gui way to set it up. The
Controler and SBR were designed so they could do this out of the box,
the Touch was not.

You probably can do it but you would have to SSH into the touch and do
a bunch of hacking network files and stuff to get it to work.

And its not really all that necessary, its much easier just to have a
router in the house, you don't have to have it connected to the
internet or anything, it just sets up the network that both devices can
talk to.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson