adydula;545343 Wrote:
> Very frustrating first experience. Got all three scans done on external
> poweredSB drive. 300 cd's FLAC.
>
> Each song now plays for 30 seconds and then restarts.
>
> I have NO idea why.
>
> HELP
>
> Alex

Alex, Are you trying to play music right after the initial scan? After
plugging the drive back in at a later time?

My experience is that its generally better to play music after
rebooting the Touch after it has finished the initial scan. Then after
reboot and plugging in the drive you need to wait while it does the
file scan (mush faster than the initial scan) before playing music. Any
attempt at playing music while still scanning is doomed.

If you STILL have the problems after waiting for the quick scan to
complete, then there is really something drastically wrong and we will
need to go into some greater debugging.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson