>> I believe you're mistaken.  Squeezebox Server 7.6 is still in beta.
>
>On the Touch I was told that a software update was available and would
>I like to download it? That sounds non beta to me, but if it is I stand
>corrected.

I think you are confusing SBS Software updates with Player Firmware updates.

SBS v 7.6 is still beta.  I assume you have installed a 7.6 nightly, and
therefore you will see "A new software update is available ..." messages on the
player to update the firmware.

It would be more appropriate, I think, for this message to say "New player
firmware is available ...".

I think the SBS Web UI Settings > Software Update screen doesn't help by having
a single option in SBS for automatic SOFTWARE downloads.  This includes the SBS
software, and player FIRMWARE for Squeezeplay players.

Clearly stating the difference between Server software and Player firmware
might make this less confusing?