iwannatouch;550391 Wrote:
> Please, if you have the time and the interest, share your thoughts on my
> dilemma. Am I being realistic or a worry-wart? What would you do in my
> situation? Are there other considerations that I'm not aware of. Any
> and all replies will be greatly appreciated.

Depending on how you plan on using the Touch, you may be in the
worry-wart category.

I've had my Touch working in my system for a month and a half now as a
replacement for by SB3 (Classic) and it works excellently as a player
for my existing Squeezebox server system. The sound quality of the
Touch by itself was so good that I chose to sell my external Lavry DAC.

So, just used as a player with an external server, I don't know they
have much tweaking left to do.

The knotty part is if you wish to use the Touch's internal server. In
following the threads (and doing a bit of experimenting myself), this
is where more work is needed if you plan on using a large external USB
drive directly plugged into the Touch.

However, even in that situation, not everyone has a problem. Keep in
mind that Logitech has a 30 day return policy. If you're serious about
wanting a Touch, why not just try it out yourself?

--
mlsstl