iwannatouch;550439 Wrote:
> You're probably right, but I don't think having to spend an additional
> $370-485 to get a $300 unit to work as advertised is a good selling
> point.

There's no "having to". It's a matter of choice which, as the bishop
said to the actress, is always nice.

Using a Vortexbox or a Sheeva gives extra benefits, and the fun of
getting the whole thing sorted. Many of us are inveterate inquisitive
children (i.e. we like to fiddle about). To put it another way, the
Squeezebox family like "Le Petit Prince" or "The Lord of the Rings" is
for children of 8 to 80, who (as a matter of existential principle or
genetic determination) can not let the thing be.

If you like playing with the thing, play with it. If not, plug it in,
shove in a powered USB hard-drive with music on board, and bob's your
uncle.

The Touch is brill.

--
kesey

Squeezebox Classic:2;  Duet: 1;  Boom:1; Touch:1
Server: SheevaPlug Debian Squeeze 4GB SDCard, Squeezeboxserver 7.6.0 -
r30813