floater;552676 Wrote:
> The Touch (with all its extra, SECONDARY features) still can't handle a
> large library with an attached USB drive that wouldn't trouble an iPod,
> which is kind of sad and the ONLY point I've been making. So a touch was
> never designed designed to "excel" at reliably playing music from a USB
> drive? Well I never!!

I probably already made this point earlier in the thread (maybe in a
different thread), but I will point out once again that my totally
non-technical brother has a TOUCH, an older 500GB USB drive (with its
own power) attached to it containing 54,000 tracks, and it works and
plays perfectly from day 1 (maybe for 5 or 6 weeks now). And he has
since added a BOOM to the house and the TOUCH is serving all this music
to the BOOM as well (via WIFI) and this is working perfectly.

So yes, the TOUCH will work with a large library with only a USB drive
(and serve that library to another SB player as well).

--
garym